Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012

We had a wonderful Christmas this year but I honestly can't believe it's already over.  In a way I'm relieved and feel proud of myself for already getting the tree down, decorations packed up (granted I don't have that many) and all the presents put up!  Whew.
 
Kate absolutely loved getting out all the Christmas decorations this year. Gigi and Granddaddy bought her a pink Christmas tree for her, which she helped me decorate one night. She also loved to take those ornaments and decorate our bathroom to bring mommy and daddy some Christmas cheer.
 



Seeing Christmas lights was another favorite activity Kate loved this year. Several of our neighbors decorated their yards with lights, reindeers, santas, snowmen, etc and Kate loved to watch out for when the lights were turned on. Next year, mommy and daddy are going to put our lights up at our house - it was just too hectic this year.
A reindeer in Killearn Gigi and Granddaddy took her to see.
 
We had a lot of fun things to do right around Christmas and it started with Kate's Christmas program at school. She didn't want to sit with her class until I offered to go over there and sit with her class. I was the only parent over there, but at least it encouraged her to participate.
 

 Gigi was able to come with us this year!  Mason was there too but he slept through it.
 
The Saturday before Christmas, Betsy organzied a gift exchange party with Koby, Elijah, Kyndall, Ava, and my two. The kids had a great time playing while the mommies enjoyed socializing with the occasional interruption (haha). We were missing a few friends, but hopefully next year everyone can come. 
 
Mason bought a present for Ava (two outfits) and Kate bought a present for Kyndall (Aunt Katie helped me make a personalized plastic organizer filled with color wonder coloring books, markers and stickers).  Kate received a barbie and color wonder Tinkerbell book/markers from Ava (which she loves) and Mason received an adorable polo outfit and toy cell phone from Koby.  I think gift exchanges are one of the greatest ideas - it makes it so much more manageable to shop for friends.

 Left to Right: Kate, Elijah, Kyndall and Koby

 From left to right: Elijah, Ava, Koby, Kyndall, Kate and Mason
 and a picture with the mommies
 
Thank you Mrs. Betsy for organizing our gift exchange and for the wonderful pictures!
 
Christmas Eve and Christmas Day flew by.  Santa dropped off a swing set for Kate and Mason a week before Christmas and Daddy worked very hard to get it put together since Santa's elves were busy helping other kids.  Granddaddy,  Papa, Uncle Evan and Ryan all helped daddy and they were able to get it put together by Christmas Morning! 
 
I feel like I say this every year, but I didn't take as many pictures as I wanted to this Christmas.  Kate is in a phase where she doesn't want to take pictures so it makes it difficult to "force" her to look at the camera and smile.  Every now and then she will cooperate, but it is usually a struggle.
 
Christmas Eve we went over to Uncle Jordan and Aunt Katie's house for dinner with my family and hers (a family tradition).  This year Uncle Jordan came up with the idea for everyone to bring a gift (could be practical or gag) and we did a White Elephant gift exchange.  I haven't gone to many of these so I'm always at a loss for an idea, but I think I did pretty good: Magic 8 ball and fireworks.  Some of the other gifts included a lent lizard, gift card to Newks (I stole that), cookie mix, two counting coin jars (Justin got one), box of chocolates, a wrap light, and more.
 
The ONLY family picture over Christmas - so glad I got this one since it turned out to be our only one.

Christmas morning, Mason woke up about 5:45am and Kate slept until 7:00am.  I was actually glad Mason got up early so I was able to feed him and get ready before Kate woke up.  Santa was very good to both kids.  He gave Kate a Cinderella and Tinkerbell movie, a lift-the-flap bible story book, princess flashlight, two puzzles, a My Little Pony and a Lalaloopsy mini doll.  She also got a new play kitchen for her room.  Santa brought a farm toy and an outfit for Mason too.  The swing reveal was a big flop since it was raining that morning, but thankfully Kate had so many other gifts to play with she forgot about going outside.
 Gifts under our Christmas tree!


 Sleepy boy.
 Mason's gifts Christmas morning (from Santa and family)
 
About mid morning, we went over to my parents house for brunch and to open gifts.   I look forward to Christmas breakfast every year - what a treat!

 Getting ready to open presents!
 Samantha was snuggled under the Christmas tree.
 One of Kate's favorite toys - a John Deere truck from Uncle Jordan and Aunt Katie - wow!


The swing set from Santa!
 
We went over to the Evers' house later Christmas day to celebrate Christmas once again and for a combined Christmas night dinner with both the Evers' and my family (another family tradition).  I didn't take a single picture at the Evers', but over there it's hard to take pictures because all gifts are opened simultaneously and the entire thing is over in a matter of minutes.
 
We were able to spend a couple days with Uncle Evan, Aunt Mel, Erin and Ryan and I wish they could have stayed longer, but it was great to see them! Unfortunately we weren't able to go to Naples around Christmas, but we are planning a trip sometime in January to visit the rest of Justin's family. 
 
Hope everyone had a great Christmas too!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...