Saturday, December 10, 2011

First Bad Report

Wednesday Kate had a "first" that I did not expect to happen at the tender age of 2.  She has always had good reports since starting at Good Samaritan and over the past couple weeks her teachers have bragged on her about how sweet she is. I picked Kate up from school Wednesday because I was home sick that day (usually one of her grandparents picks her up for us).  I walked in the classroom and saw my little angel sitting quietly, coloring a picture.  Ms. Sam pulled me aside and said Kate had been very grumpy all day and kept telling her "no" so many times that she finally sent Kate to the office.  Oh my goodness.  I was embarrassed and shocked.  My sweet little girl was so defiant she had to be sent to the office? 

When we got in the car here was the conversation:

Me: "Kate, were you not nice to Ms. Sam today?"
Kate: (sigh) "Yes"
Me: "Did you have to go to the office"
Kate: (sigh) "Yes"
Me: "That makes mommy sad"
Kate: "Oh no, poor mommy, mommy sad"

As much as I wanted to take away a favorite toy or her TV privileges, I know she wouldn't be able to make the connection at this age as to why.  Thankfully we haven't gotten a similar report since then so I'm hoping  that was the first and last time that will happen!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...