Sunday, December 18, 2011

Christmas Program at GSA

Thursday, Justin and I went to Kate's school for her Christmas program. Sometimes we wonder why we go at this age because as soon as she saw us in the audience, she ran over to us and refused to sit with her class. I tried to sit up there with her, but she was not convinced. Her class sang a couple Christmas songs, heard the story of Jesus' birth, and then the parents joined the kids in their classroom for cupcakes.  

This picture sums up everything - it was Kate's first day back that week after being sick and she was not in a celebrating mood.

The Christmas place mat Kate made for Mommy and Daddy.

This morning, a group of kids from Faith Lane went to Broadview Assisted Living to sing Christmas carols during class and several in our bible class decided to go with them.  Kate was bashful at first but quickly warmed up and walked around waving to the residents.  I had to take a couple pictures of Kate in her new Christmas dress, which Aunt Katie surprised me with this week.  She bought the dress at Jingle Jubilee and added Kate's monogram to it.  I love it (especially the unique color combination)and hopefully she can wear it another Christmas or two.


I hope this week goes by fast.  I have been counting down the days until my Christmas vacation - which starts Thursday night!  The Governor gave all state workers an unexpected day off this Friday so it's already off to a good start.  I can't wait to see our extended family and enjoy some time with Kate!

1 comment:

Ashleigh-Anne: said...

I love your haircut and I love Katie's smocked dress!!! And yay for an extra day off! My Mom was pretty excited about that too! Merry Christmas! I like your new blog design!

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...