Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Updates

A couple family updates that are long overdue:

1.  Justin has been doing great.  Thankfully, he hasn't had another seizure so if he can be patient two more months, he will be driving again.  I think we are both looking forward to him being able to drive, but for different reasons.  Aunt Katie has offered to help us out and pick up Kate during the summer until Justin can drive.  Thank you Aunt Katie!!

2.  I am going back to work full time on June 1st.  I'm not looking forward to it, but it's time since we need the money.  Justin's business is looking promising, but with 5 months and counting of no paycheck, things are getting tight.  I'm dreading the work weeks when I'll see Kate for 45 minutes in the morning before daycare and only an hour in the evenings before bed. Going full time means spending less time with Kate, but since she'll have Aunt Katie and her daddy to spend time with, that's reassuring to me.   I know I'm not the only parent to have to work full time but I already hate it!

3. The business is going good and like I mentioned above, it appears promising.  Lanier and Justin have already gotten several contracts and even completed a few jobs, but the delay is waiting on checks to come in once the work is done.  I think if they can make it through this year, hopefully they will start next year with a surplus and steady paychecks.

I started off my week on a bad note - I got a speeding ticket as I was pulling into the parking lot at work Monday am. I certainly didn't need it, but I know I deserved it.  I hope the week starts looking better from here becaue I want to enjoy my last two weeks as a part-timer!

1 comment:

Ashleigh-Anne: said...

I'm sure it will be a hard adjustment at first, but Kate will be in good hands. It will make the time you DO have with her even more special! :)

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...