Thursday, May 5, 2011

Our Easter Weekend

Our Internet has been down for a couple weeks so I haven't been able to post our Easter pictures until now.  We started off our Easter weekend at the Olk's pool (Katie's parents) on Saturday morning.  Thank you Mrs. Marta for the adorable swimsuit and sunglasses!  Kate loves her pink zebra sunglasses.  She wears them in the car, walking into the store or church, and of coarse at the pool.


After a quality nap (thank goodness) we headed over to my parent's house for our family celebration with Uncle Jordan and Aunt Katie, Nanny, Gigi and Grandaddy, and Mimi and Papa.  I know I say it at every holiday, but it is such a blessing to be able to celebrate the holidays all together.


Ready to hunt Easter eggs!

Kate looks a little lonely hunting eggs all by herself.  But on the bright side, no competition!


A close up on Kate's Easter dress, a beautiful smocked yellow dress Nanny bought for her.

Look at that good looking family. :)

Justin said I looked like a lemon in my bright yellow dress, but I was proud I picked out something other than black or white.

 After church, we were invited again to the FSU Alumni center for Easter brunch with Katie's parents.  There were real bunnies and chicks for the kids to play with, but Kate was content to just look. 
Getting sleepy.

After lunch, Kate watched the Easter Bunny go around the room and take pictures with all the kids.  She kept shouting "bunny!" but as soon as he reached our table, she didn't want anything to do with him (basically the same reaction she had to Santa Claus this past Christmas).
And because a year makes such a difference, here was my sweet little girl last Easter - loving the Easter Bunny.

Thank you to everyone for all the wonderful Easter gifts and we hope everyone had a great Easter!

1 comment:

Ashleigh-Anne: said...

I love your yellow dress! And you KNOW I love Kate's monogrammed Easter dress!! ;)

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...