Friday, January 14, 2011

My 15 Month Old

Kate is now 15 months old and has developed into a toddler.  I asked Justin to take her to her 15 month appointment since I knew shots were involved and he said she did great.  I also asked for him to bring home the stats paper - but that was left at the doctor's office so all I know is she's 21 pounds (20th percentile), her height is in the 20th percentile and her head circumference is in the 40th percentile.

I love seeing the new things Kate learns each day.  She has learned to give you "high five" and "sugar" (kiss).  Some of her new words include "no",  a version of "thank you" I'm not sure how to spell, "cheese" "kitty", and "this".  I realized the other day when I ask her to smile at the camera she closes her eyes and grins.

Some of her favorite foods include grapes, raisins, craisins (notice a pattern?), animal crackers and graham crackers, pizza, and cheese.  She still loves bath time, playing outside and reading her books (her favorite is Good Morning, Good Night).  Kate is still sleeping great, from 7pm until 7am, and taking one early afternoon nap.  Her "kitty" is still her constant companion and nothing seems to make her feel better faster than Kitty (sadly, not even me  Since we now only allow Kate to have her pacifier at nap time, bedtime and the occasional worship service, I hear her jabbering all day long.  I would love to know what she is talking about.
I don't have any professional pictures to share of Kate, but the other night I took a couple pictures before bedtime.  That is my favorite part of each day because it's when Kate lets me snuggle with her.  I turn out her room lights and she immediately reaches for me to pick her up.  With Kitty in one hand, she lays her head on my shoulder and we just sway back and forth.  I love it!  Then daddy will come in before I lay Kate down to say our prayers together.  It doesn't get much better than that.

 
 "Put that camera down and help me!"
 I love the side profile pictures - check out that belly! 
  

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...