Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!  I have so much to be thankful for, but to be honest, 2010 wasn't the best year for me.  It has taken me the last 12 months to cope with the fact that I have to work - but I also realize I can make things harder than they have to be.  I kept thinking it would get easier, but it doesn't - so now I just try to deal with it.  There will be a few new challenges in 2011, but I'm going to try to take them one at a time.

Our first new challenge: Justin is officially working at LM2 Consulting starting today.  Normally a new job isn't a financial burden but this one is.  I was expecting him to receive one more paycheck this month, but the boss decided he didn't need him for an additional 2 weeks, so there went that money.  Since LM2 Consulting is a new company, Justin has tried to prepare me for little or no income the first 6 months.  Yikes.

Despite our recently reduced income levels, I am looking forward to my first girls weekend since Kate was born!  Friday after work I'm heading to St. Augustine with Natasha (one of long time friends who currently lives in Australia with her husband), Rebekah and Mailin.  Rebekah's parents were gracious to give us a timeshare so we are staying for free!  Can't beat that.  Rebekah said she really needed a girls weekend and I couldn't agree more - it's so therapeutic. 

Friday needs to hurry up and get here!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...