Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Evers Family Reunion

Kate and I attended our first Evers Family Reunion this weekend.  Since I had worked the past two weekends, I was less than thrilled to be going out of town, but we agreed to go so we could see Justin's grandparents.  After it was too late to back out, I found out the reunion was in Wauchula, FL - approximately 6 hours away.  Ugh.   It turned out to be a nice trip.  We drove down to Orlando Friday night, did some shopping Saturday morning and then headed to Lake Placid where we stayed with Pat and Sharon Talbot - good friends of Justin's parents.  Sunday morning was the reunion where I met all the extended Evers family - Justin's grandfather's four sisters and all their families.  I think we were the only family there with the last name Evers.  Lamar made the point that Justin and his cousin John are the only two Evers men left to carry on the family name so the pressure is on for us to have a boy.  Unfortunately Justin's grandparents were not able to come at the last minute, but I'm still glad we were able to go. I'm sure we'll be there next year!  
Kate and Justin at the reunion
Kate with her cousins, Emmalee and Zach. 
Kate with Papa and Mimi

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...