Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Duck!

Monday night Kate said her first clear word - duck!  She has said Dada, Mama, and Bye-Bye but this is the first time she has said a "real word".  I grin every time she says it and I hear her little voice. I was able to catch it on video tonight.

I thought once Kate turned one, I wouldn't feel like she was changing so fast - but that hasn't been the case.  The first year I was adapting to her physical changes, looking different everyday.  But now I'm so surprised at her intellectual development.  She is starting to follow directions like "come here", "give that to Mommy" or "don't do that".  She enjoys laying on the kitchen floor, pulling out the Moho sauce out of the refrigerator, and reading books.  I was even surprised today when she sat down and drank her milk.



Kate wearing her new tennis shoes we bought her this weekend and the shirt Papa got her from Mount Rushmore.

She looks so grown up in her boot cut jeans and big girl shoes.


1 comment:

Melanie said...

That video is so cute and so are her bootcut jeans. She needs to come to Texas and we will get her some cowgirl boots to go with them. She is growing up so fast!!! See you soon.

Love,
Erin

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...