Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Saying Goodbye to Pa

On Friday, November 3rd Pa passed away in his sleep. He was 95 years old and lived a very long, blessed life.  I am so thankful I was able to have him in my life for as long as I did but I know he was ready to go.  We had wanted to make it down to visit him before he passed but that happened a week before our scheduled trip.  Looking back, I think it was a blessing in disguise so that we will only have fond memories of our time together.  He welcomed me into the family with open arms and always had the biggest hug and kiss on the check for me every time I saw him.  I will miss him so much and our future Naples trips will not be the same without a visit to Pa's.  

A few pictures of Pa over the years...
Christmas 2006
Meeting Kate - October 2009
December 2009 
 Meeting Mason.

February 2013
 I love this picture of the four generations of Evers men.  
July 2013

May 2014
December 2014
 Cheering Pa up while he was in rehab from a fall.
August 2015 
May 2016 
May 2017

This was our last visit together.  We love you Pa and will miss you!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...