Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

We have had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Justin and I hosted our combined family Thanksgiving again their year and it turned out great.  Everyone helped by bringing a couple dishes and Justin fried the turkey again this year (a huge 15 lb turkey - the perfect size).
 
I bought a new tablecloth and centerpiece for our dining room table and was pleased with how it turned out.  I'm not the most creative person but after buying some ribbon and flowers at the dollar tree it made my candle holder a little more festive. 
 
I also found a cute Thanksgiving tablecloth at Target that was perfect for the kid's table.  I wished later that I had bought a few more since it was such a hit.  The kids had a great time coloring it. 
 
On the kid's table, I put out their Thanksgiving place mats they made at school:
 Kate's
 Mason's
 and the turkeys they painted as the centerpiece.
(Mason's on the left and Kate's on the right) 
 
While we were cooking the turkey, Mason drove the Gator until the battery went dead: 

 and Kate watched the parade...
 
 The head chef:
 with the supervisors:
 and finally it was time to eat!


 After lunch we took several golf cart rides (compliments of Uncle Jordan):

 and family pictures:




 We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving!  My friend Brittany (from work) joined us too but I didn't think to get a picture of the two of us. 
 Mason showed off the headband he made at school.
 and Kate put on her Indian Princess outfit. 
Her name was "Creeping Squirrel".
Happy Thanksgiving from our two little turkeys!
 

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Great family pictures--looked like all the kids cooperated well!

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...