Wednesday, July 8, 2015

4th of July 2015

We had an exciting and busy 4th of July weekend. Our office always looks for a reason to have a big celebration, so on Wednesday of that week we had a cookout complete with hotdogs, hamburgers and all the sides you can imagine.  Marleni insisted on taking a couple pictures since we were dressed in our patriotic colors.

She even convinced Chris to take one. 
Marleni, Chris and I are the three analysts in the Revenue budget office.
 
Since the 4th fell on a Saturday, we had the day off on Friday.  Even though daycare was open, we decided to have some family time and spend the day together. 
This is how Mason was watching cartoons that morning.
 
We took the kids to see the Inside Out movie since Kate had been asking to see it for weeks.  This was Mason's first time at the movies and he did a great job.  They shared a kid's meal and then he devoured all the other snacks I brought.

For dinner Friday, we went over to Mimi and Papa's house for a belated birthday celebration for Justin.
Snuggling with Papa.
Saturday was my big day.  A month or so ago, Marleni convinced me to sign up for my first 5k run (3.1 miles) at Cascades Park.  We arrived around 7:15am and the race began right at 8.  I think I completed it in around 35 minutes, which wasn't my best, but I wasn't out to set a record for myself.  I was just excited to finish! Justin and the kids came out to cheer me on along with Marleni's husband and three girls.  The kids had a great time playing while us moms ran.

Mason and Kate with Marleni's girls (CJ, Brianna and Millie)
Our little firecrackers!
 
After an afternoon nap, we went over to my parent's house for a cookout. They treated us to hamburgers and oreo ice cream cake (yummy!).

I didn't remember to bring sparklers, but the kids were just as happy to swim.  Next year I'll do better!




Happy 4th of July!
 
On Sunday afternoon, the Sapps had another cookout and rented a water slide to celebrate Mr. Matt's birthday.  Kate had a blast going up and down the water slide.  Mason, not so much. 

We had a great time with friends and enjoyed the party despite the rainy weather.  It was a fun holiday weekend!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...