Thursday, June 5, 2014

Kate's First Dance Recital

Saturday was Kate's first dance recital and I could burst with pride.  I was blown away with how well she did.  I had no idea what to expect - she has had a couple bad reports from dance lately which have resulted in her being dismissed from dance class early. Based on this, I wasn't sure if she was enjoying dance or not but after seeing her performance, I'm thinking she was board with rehearsing her routine over and over those last few weeks.

Not only was this Kate's first dance recital but it was my first dance recital too!  I have never taken a dance class in my life. I will never forget when I asked my mom one time why I had never taken dance when I was little, she told me I wasn't really built to be a dancer.  Haha.  I honestly never expected Kate to be interested in dance but she is and loves it.  It was exciting getting her all dressed up - tights, dress, tap shoes, hair bun (ok - that was NOT fun), hair bow and gloves.  Kate called it her "Minnie Mouse" dress and it looked adorable on her.  I thought she would want to wear some makeup but she refused to let me put anything on her - not even lipstick or blush.  She looked beautiful! 

 Close up of the hair bun.  This was quite an accomplishment since this girl can't stand to get her hair brushed, much less styled in anyway other than a small side ponytail.  I think the bun makes her look so much older! 
  The dress rehearsal and performance was at Lincoln High School.  It has been years since I have been on that campus and it brought back lots of good memories.  Granddaddy met us at the school to take Mason and Gigi came to get a sneak peak at the performance.


Our pretty princess.

  Kate nailed her routine at the dress rehearsal.  I tired to take several pictures during the performance that night so I could focus all my attention on Saturday night's performance (very smart decision). 





 She didn't hesitate for one moment.  She got up there and danced her little heart out.  On Saturday, Kate had all the family attend her performance: my parents, Justin's parents, Nanny, Uncle Jordan, Aunt Katie, Camden and Mason.  The boys did great sitting through the performance - thank goodness!

 I could just eat her up!  So precious!



After the show, Mimi and Papa invited us all over to their house for a delicious dinner.  My parents were able to join us and we enjoyed celebrating Kate's big night together.  We are so proud of you Kate!





1 comment:

Betsy said...

Oh my goodness-that video was the most precious thing ever--I almost couldn't even handle it! And her little proud smile at the very end...great job Kate! =)

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...