Sunday, June 15, 2014

Destin Family Beach Trip

Last weekend we were able to go once again to Destin for our second annual family beach trip.  My cousin's and their families met us there along with Uncle Jordan, Aunt Katie, Camden, my parents and Nanny.  We arrived Friday afternoon and stayed until Monday at lunch.  We had a such a great time together!  We stayed at the Embassy Suites again this year and went to some of the usual dinner places (The Crab Trap and Pompano Joe's) and one new one restaurant (The Surf Hut).

On Friday, we checked into the hotel and went to the Crab Trap for dinner.  After dinner, Aunt Katie and I hit the outlet mall for a couple hours while Justin and Uncle Jordan got the kiddos in bed.  It was a great time to shop - no crowds and a great selection!
Saturday, we spent all morning at the beach.  Mason did not enjoy the beach as much as I thought he would.  He clung to my dad the entire time and refused to get down in the sand.  Sadly, he was grouchy most of the trip.  Despite Mason's bad mood, the rest of us had a great time playing in the sand and swimming in the ocean.  We took the kids back up to the hotel room that afternoon for late naps and went to the Surf Hut for dinner that night. 
 
Thank you Aunt Katie for the adorable beach buckets!  The kids loved them!
 Mason and Daddy
 Noah
 Kate 
 Aunt Katie, Uncle Jordan and Camden


 She would have played in the sand all day and night. 

 Camden liked eating the sand - yuck!
 Andrew
Caleb
 Gigi and Nanny 

 Kayla, Wes and Betty


 Tiffany, Betty and Kayla
Andy, Andrew, Caleb, Noah and Tiffany
 Group picture!

That evening, we went to dinner at the Surf Hut - a brand new restaurant directly across the street from our hotel and right on the beach.  The guys enjoyed playing corn hole while we waited on our food to arrive.

 
 My little princess - when did she get so big?!
After dinner, we did a family photo which turned out really good considering how many little ones we had.



On Sunday, we tried something new and went to Big Kahuna's Water Park for the day.  I wasn't sure how Mason would do, but I knew Kate would have a wonderful time.   We had a family devotional that morning and then went straight to the water park to be there when it opened. We owe a huge thank you to Gigi and Granddaddy for helping us with the cost!  We rented a cabana which was a splurge but well worth it!  We had a great covered area next to the kids pool to escape from the sun.  The price of the cabana rental also included a Big Kahuna employee that waited on us and got us anything we requested - maps, food, drinks, etc.   





This little guy was fearless.  He walked all around the kiddie pool while the water remained just below his lower lip.  If he lost his balance, he went under water but I was there to scoop him up. 



  Floating on the lazy river.


 

 Wiped out after the water park.

That evening, we met up with everyone for another great dinner at Pomano Joe's.  Everyone was so exhausted from the water park that we crashed after we got back to the hotel.

Resting on the walk back to the car from Pompano Joe's.

On Monday morning, I tried my best to get a couple pictures of Kate and Mason on the beach before we left.  As usual, that could be summed up in one word: disaster.  Why do I even bother??  I guess I would regret not trying but every time I do, I regret trying.


 Kate was so upset about the dress she was wearing and cried the entire walk to the beach.  Joy, Joy. I was quickly loosing my patience with her but she gave me a good smile or two before Mason started crying.

 All I can do is shrug my shoulders and say "oh well, I tried".
We had a great time at the beach and we want to say a big "THANK YOU" to Nanny for making our trip possible.  We can't wait for next year!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

You got two great pics of your family of four on the beach and I thought that one horizontal of K & M was cute too!

Tiffany said...

We enjoyed our time together at the beach !

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...