Saturday, June 2, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

This past weekend, we traveled down to Naples over the long Memorial Day holiday. It had only been a couple days since I had been off the pump so I was nervous about how I would do. I still had low grade nausea, mostly in the evenings, and a couple dizzy spells but overall I was able to enjoy spending time with the extended Evers family. Aunt Melanie flew into Tampa to spend the weekend with us (sadly cousins Erin, Ryan and Uncle Evan weren't able to come) and Kate enjoyed picking up "Aunt Bell" at the airport on Friday.

We spent Friday afternoon, Saturday, and Sunday in Naples and then headed back to Tallahassee on Monday.  Needless to say I was exhausted by the time we got home since every weekend for the past three months I mainly stayed in bed.  But I was so glad we were able to go, especially since Pa and Nene have been in poor health.  We spent most of our time at Pa and Nene's house where Kate got to run around with her cousins, Emmalee and Zach.


 Fishing with Daddy!

 First Fish!
 Taking a cookie break from all the hard work fishing.
 Kate and her cousins - Zach and Emmalee

 Playing in the sprinkler.  Kate usually ran through once and did a lap around the yard before going back through the sprinkler.


One more day fishing - and it was successful!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...