Saturday, May 19, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

I had a great Mother’s Day despite feeling so terrible. Justin had to go out of town once again for work (this time in the Keys) so Kate and I stayed with my parents. I was able to spend extra time with both my mom and my grandmother over the weekend, which which was a nice treat for me!

The Thursday before Mother’s Day, Good Samaritan had a Mother’s Day Tea to treat all the moms. I gathered up my energy to go because I didn’t want my little girl to be the only one there without their mommy. The kids put on a great program, but Kate just sat in my lap and didn’t want to participate. It’s typical for her to do this, but one of these days I have a feeling she’s going to stay with her class and sing at the top of her lungs. After the program, the moms and kids went to the classrooms where we shared a snack and Kate gave me the gifts she had made - a place mat and coffee cup she colored!
Mommy and Kate before going to the Mother's Day tea.
 My wonderful gifts from Kate.
And it wouldn't be proper Mother's Day post without showing a baby bump picture.  I can't forget about little baby E!  Although I lost a lot of weight at the beginning, I have popped out all of a sudden and am bigger now than I ever was at this stage with Kate.  I'm already uncomfortable and I have a long way to go!
16 weeks. 
Justin told me to hide the pump, but I decided to leave it showing since it's attached to me (literally) these days.

On Sunday, Nanny treated us to lunch on Sunday and it was fantastic! We exchanged gifts after lunch where my mom surprised me with one of the best gifts of all - a "Mommy and Me" book full of pictures of Kate and I.  Justin had secretly helped her pull together some pictures and my mom put in a lot of long hours to finish the project.  I started crying as soon as I opened the book and saw the first page, and it is something I will cherish forever!
 
 Looking pretty in polka dots - this is one of her favorite dresses.
 All the girls.

Mommy and Kate (and baby E)!  Tuesday morning we find out "boy" or "girl" so that will be another Mother's Day gift (a little belated).  Kate has always said she wants a baby sister so we'll see...

1 comment:

Ashleigh-Anne: said...

I love seeing the pictures of you and your little bump! And I'm glad you didn't hide the bag--In years to come, it will be a distant memory, thank goodness! I am IN LOVE with Kate's blue and white polka dot dress!! I even turned the computer around so Matthew could see it. He said "well, if they have a boy this time maybe you could buy it from her!" :) I'm glad you had a nice Mother's Day and I can't wait for Tuesday!!!

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...