Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our recent Naples trip

We had a great trip to Naples, but I'm glad to be back home.  On Friday, Kate went to her new school for a half day and I picked her up before nap time so we could hit the road.  I was planning on Kate sleeping a couple hours in the car, but one hour later she was up and ready to get out of the car seat.  Joy, joy.  One of many downsides to Justin not driving is that he had to entertain Kate while I tried to mediate the ruckus coming from the backseat.  I think we would both agree his travel expertise is driving and mine is entertaining Kate.

We do not usually visit Naples in April, but because we were down there, we celebrated both great grandmother's birthdays. Nene (Justin's paternal grandmother) is turning 80 and Gaga (Justin's maternal grandmother) is turning 86 next week. It is such a blessing for Kate to be able to spend time with all THREE of her great-grandmothers (my grandmother and both of Justin's grandmothers).

Saturday, we celebrated Nene's birthday out at their house and Sunday, we celebrated Gaga's birthday at Shula's Steakhouse.

 Kate with Nene and Daddy 
 Eating homemade ice cream with Papa.
 Kate's cousins - Zach and Emmalee

 Even though it was Nene's birthday, Aunt Mollie gave Kate a bunny rabbit and Emmalee gave Kate her christmas presents (since we weren't able to visit) - a baby Belle, a baby Cinderella and an adorable outfit.  The dolls are now two of Kate's favorite toys.  I have learned that their glitter skirts leave glitter everywhere.  I can tell when Kate has been playing with them because her face, the couch, the rug, the toy crib and her bed all sparkle.

Kate's expression says "I'll take a picture as long as you don't take my babies from me".

The family

 Playing at Gaga's house
Sleeping through Gaga's birthday lunch.

Can't wait to visit again, hopefully sometime between now and Christmas.

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...