Thursday, May 31, 2018

Last Day of School!

I blinked and another school year has come and gone.  I wasn't able to be as involved with Kate's class this year as I would like to be but I'm thankful for the few events I was able to be participate in.  Second grade was a little bit of a struggle at first - school work was more challenging and didn't come as easily as it has in the past.  But we are very proud of Kate for working hard this year and continually bringing her grades up as the year progressed. 

Mason also had a great year in VPK.  He worked hard and has impressed us with his ability to read a large amount of sight words and has even begun to read on his own!  Mason has also become a little obsessed with baseball and Ms. Gwen told me one spring afternoon he taught the entire class how to play baseball so from that day on, they played a game every afternoon at recess.  His sweet teachers even bought a bat and ball for the kids to play with since they had improvised with a bowling pin and a kickball.  Crazy kids!
For comparison, here are their first and last day pictures: 
 It's breaks my heart a little to see how much they have changed in just a few short months! 

These two are ready to start Kindergarten and Third Grade this fall!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...