Friday, December 23, 2016

More Christmas Fun!

The week and weekend before Christmas was packed with fun!  The week before Christmas break, daddy and I attended the kid's class parties.  I went to Roberts with Kate for a delicious class breakfast.
 While I was there we went down to Ms. Muy's class to visit...
 And we gave Mrs. Burnette our gift:

 A personalized Coton Colors ornament along with a Target gift card.

The next day was Mason's Christmas program and class party at Good Samaritan.
 Our little guy. He had two speaking parts but froze up when it came time for him to recite them.  Maybe next year!
 Mason's class. 


We also gave Mason's two teachers their gifts - two travel size bottles of body lotion from Bath & Body Works and Target gift cards.  I struggle every year trying to come up with teacher gifts so I usually end up going the gift card route.

I also gave Gigi an early Christmas present:
Uncle Jordan and Aunt Katie had us over for lunch one Sunday after church and I had to take a picture of the four munchkins since they happened to be in coordinating outfits (not planned). 

Kate attended a couple Christmas parties with friends...
Thank you Betsy for the picture!

 and brought home a Gingerbread house from one at Caiome's :
 Our Elf has been a big part of our Christmas this year...
One morning Skittles fell from his perch so I had to pick him up with our kitchen tongs...aka " Elf Relocation Services"

We also made our own Gingerbread house:



The Sunday before Christmas was another fun day.   
 Two cuties.

During bible class, the Faith Lane kids rode on the bus to Harbor Chase (an assisted living facility) and sang Christmas Carols to the residents (one being our member Mrs. Francis Booth). This is always a highlight of our holiday - I love going!

 This year, Mason wanted to go but he refused to sing.  Maybe next year he will participate.
 Kate and her besties.

For lunch, Gigi and Grandaddy invited us to the Southwood Santa brunch.  Another one of my favorite events!
 We sat outside this year on the back porch which gave us the best view to see Santa riding up on his golf cart!
 Here he comes!
 Someone was still afraid of Santa...sigh.
 Sneaking a peak at Santa's golf cart.
 Waiting to see Santa...
 Although Mason insisted he would sit on Santa's lap, he started screaming when it was his turn and wouldn't let go of me so the 2016 Santa picture (once again) is just with Kate.
 This was as close as Mason would let me get...
 Sweet Cooper loved sitting on Santa's lap...
 Cooper's 1st Christmas!
 And before we left I snagged a couple pictures in one of my favorite spots at the Clubhouse:



 Merry Christmas from the Evers!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...