Monday, June 27, 2016

Aunt Mollie

On Saturday, we got a phone call with shocking news that Aunt Mollie had passed away unexpectedly in her sleep. I’m so thankful that we were just down there over Memorial Day weekend and were able to spend time with her.  It’s a painful reminder about how precious life is and how we should never take a moment for granted. We will miss Aunt Mollie so much. She welcomed me into the family with open arms.  She was always so sweet and thoughtful and carried the conversation at family dinners.  Her talkative personality was one of the things I loved about her because the rest of the Evers family is one of few words.  She would always bring the kids cookies and other treats whenever we saw her and sent the kids cards at every holiday with money for ice cream included. 

I found a few pictures I have of Aunt Mollie over the years...
Aunt Mollie, Papa, Nene, Pa and Uncle Larry (December 2006)
 Aunt Mollie and Mason.  
and the most recent one I have:
My heart hurts knowing that she is gone.  

We love you, Aunt Mollie.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

I'm sorry for the loss of a loved one! Very kind words about her.

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...