Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Back to Full Time Work

Well, I made it though my first week back full time. It appears like my new work schedule of 8:30-5:30 is going to severely limit my time with Kate since doesn’t get up until 7 or 7:15 and typically goes to bed by 7 each night, but I’ll adjust. Thankfully she isn’t stuck at school from 8-6 because she has her Aunt Katie picking her up. I can’t express how much it means to me that Katie is willing to pick her up.


One of the upsides to full time work is an hour lunch break. I took advantage of it last week by running out to do some errands. Unfortunately, I got rear ended in the parking lot at the bank and my first thought was “you have got to be kidding”. That makes it the fourth time this year. There must be a sign on my car that says “Please hit me”. The lady asked if I was ok and I told her it was fine and I wasn’t worried about it. But my car has seen better days.

When I got home last Wednesday (my first “full time” day), Kate was standing in front of the window with just a diaper on and her face pressed up against the glass. I could faintly hear her yelling “HI”. That was the best greeting after being gone all day.

Last Wednesday ended on a good note because I got to hear Jordan speak since it was the first class of the Wednesday Night Summer Series. In the past, men from different area congregations have spoken but this year the “younger” men in the congregation are speaking. I’m always pleasantly surprised when I hear Jordan speak. He has an interesting view on the topic and can present it in a way that is enjoyable and easy to remember. The topic this summer is “Meant for More” and his three main points were we are meant for more spiritually, professionally, and personally. See Jordan, it stuck with me! I’m so proud of him and in two weeks, Justin will be speaking! Can’t wait!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...