Sunday, September 10, 2017

August Events and Labor Day Weekend

We are home today waiting on Hurricane Irma to hit Tallahassee starting later tonight and all day tomorrow.  It has been a very stressful time tracking the storm and deciding what to do - stay or go.  In the meantime, I'm going to take advantage of power for a couple more hours and update my blog!  Nothing big has happened since school started but there's a few pictures to share from various things.

One of Kate friends from daycare days, Noelle, and her mom invited us to see the Emoji movie one Friday night.  The ratings were only 6% but it was surprisingly cute!  I think the moms enjoyed watching it as much as the girls did. 

 One Saturday, we were invited to go shopping in Thomasville, GA with the Bruner girls and Mrs. Marleni.  It had been years and years since I had been up there so it was fun to check out the shops downtown. 

 We stopped for lunch at "Q's" and it was delicious!  We had eatten Chick-fil-a that morning before we left and we all ended up eating another breakfast for lunch at Qs.  They had the best food!  It was a place I would love to eat at again sometime. 
 The biggest biscuits I have ever seen at Qs.  And they tasted great!

Mason looked so small compared to this giant deer. 
 I could shop all day if I always had Bre-Ana, Millie and CJ there to entertain Kate and Mason.

Another big event was the Solar Eclipse that took place.  We were not in an area of "totality" but I still expected it to feel like dusk when the moon passed over the sun.  Unfortunately, I could barely tell a small different in the light.  It was still neat to experience and we got some cool glasses. :)


 Some of the girls at work posing for a picture.  There was quite a crowd outside to observe the eclipse.  They adjusted school times so high school students dismissed early and elementary and middle school students stayed later.  I think it was all unnecessary but I can appreciate the extra caution given to ensure everyone remained safe.

One morning before school, the kids were playing super heros.  
 Bird Girl
 Ninja Boy
 Mason also loves to dress up often.  One morning he came out and helped put out the (pretend) fire in the kitchen... 

...and then came in and arrested me!

On Labor Day weekend, our plans were changed because of a terrible bug bite Kate had on the back of her thigh.  I decided to spare the details and not post pictures, but it has taken three weeks to get this bite healed!  After two trips to urgent care and two rounds of antibiotics, I think the worst of it is finally behind us.  But, we had taken her a few days prior to Labor Day weekend to have the place lanced, so we were all unable to go tubing with the church group that Saturday.

We had invited Camden to stay with us to go tubing since his parents were out of town for the big FSU game in Atlanta against Alabama (we lost).  So instead of tubing, we took the kids to the see the Nut Job 2 at AMC.  
Later that afternoon, we stopped by my parents and had to take a picture of everyone in their FSU outfits!

 Go Noles!
 The boys recently moved up in bible class so I had to document that occasion!  They are growing up fast and it's sinking in that we no longer have babies/toddlers.

It's been a fun month and we are looking forward to fall!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...