Thursday, August 11, 2016

Aunt Mollie's Service in Naples

The last weekend in July, we drove down to Naples to attend Aunt Mollie's memorial service and visit with the family.  We left Thursday night after work and arrived in Naples around midnight.  On Friday, we spent most of the day with Gaga, which included playing Bingo!  Justin and Gaga both won several games but this was the first time neither Kate nor I won.  Oh well...next time we will!
 Playing Bingo.
After the Bingo game, Mason was playing with the quarters that were won and asked me if the face on the quarter was Jesus or George.  Haha. Later that evening, the entire family ate dinner at Kelly's Fish House, a local seafood restaurant that will be torn down soon to develop condos. 
 It is one of Gaga's favorite places to eat so it was nice we were all able to get together one last time there.  I have never been a big fan so when we left, Justin told me it was the last time I ever had to eat there.  Good point.
 Mason and Uncle Evan hanging out near the dock after dinner.
 We had to take a picture of all the girls wearing coral!  We didn't plan it but we all the same idea.
And one of the Evers men before we left.

Since this trip was unexpected but costly, we tried to save money by staying at a cheaper hotel this time.  That Friday night while Justin was at the movie, I hung out in the hotel bathroom reading and waited on the kids to fall asleep.  That was one moment I wish we hadn't saved money and stayed at our normal hotel with the two room suites. 

Saturday morning was Aunt Mollie's service at the Naples Church of Christ.  Papa coordinated the service, Uncle Evan did the singing and Justin had one of the prayers.  The kids were very well behaved (hallelujah) and I decided at the last minute to speak when Papa asked anyone who wanted to come up and speak to do so.  I wish I had planned it ahead of time so my thoughts weren't so jumbled, but I did it and I think Aunt Mollie would have been proud.   

 Kate and Mason enjoyed spending time with cousin Zach at the service. It's been a while since they have seen him.
While the circumstances were not the best, it was nice to be able to spend extra time with Erin and Ryan too!  It was an unexpected trip but it's always nice to spend extra time with family. We love you and miss you Aunt Mollie!

No comments:

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...