Saturday, July 13, 2013

Our Nene

This weekend has been filled with highs and lows and our hearts are broken over the news that Justin's grandmother, Nene, passed away today.  It was so sudden, but I know she is with our Lord up in heaven looking down over us.  I am so thankful to have had her in my life for these last nine years.  She took me in as one of her own and was an incredible example to everyone in her family.  She was so thoughtful of others and a wonderful cook.  Justin loved spending as much time at her house as he could whenever we were in town and Nene was always cooking him his favorite meal - pork roast with rice and gravy.  I look back at the pictures we took on our most recent trip to Naples in February and I'm so thankful that she was able to meet Mason and see Kate again.  We never know what the future holds, so our sudden loss is a reminder to me not to take anything for granted.  
 
We continue to keep Pa (Justin's grandfather) in our prayers.  Nene and Pa were married 66 years.  What a blessing!
 

We love you Nene and will miss you so much!    

1 comment:

Ashleigh-Anne: said...

So sorry for your loss. Losing a Grandparent is so hard, but what a blessing that she was able to know Kate and Mason before she went to be with Jesus.

Happy Father's Day!

I want to wish this special guy a Happy Father's Day!  One day Kate and Mason will realize how lucky they are to call him dad.  He coac...